Friday, September 30, 2011

Manifesting Love (Part 1)

In August, I listened to a teleclass by motivational speaker Lisa Nichols and relationship expert Mat Boggs. They lectured on the "3 Secrets to Manifesting Love." They claimed that they could help listeners increase our ability to manifest and experience love.

Ha (I'm still single).

Anyway, one of the "secrets" Boggs said was to change our self image. He asked, "What is your hidden self-image?" He noted, "It's always in alignment with your current results."

hmmm. Interesting.

Boggs said that our thoughts, beliefs and actions have a direct impact on what we get out of life - including love. He noted that we may actually be self-sabotaging ourselves by what we think of ourselves.

I liked where he was going with that.

"Who do you believe yourself to be?" Boggs asked. "How much love do you believe you deserve?"

I hear ya Matt: How many times have we put up with some bullsh$t because we thought we couldn't do any better? How many times has our low self-esteem caused us to deal with guys we knew were no good, but we kept going back anyway (out of loneliness maybe)?

I guess there was a time when I didn't have the most positive self-image. I came up with a whole bunch of reasons why I couldn't attract the type of guy I wanted: I had natural hair. I'm overweight. I wasn't tall. I lived in a bad neighborhood. I wasn't polished enough, yada yada yada....

But once I started having a more positive image of myself, I began to attract guys. Now, am I attracting the type of guy I want? Naw... not really. (LOL !!!)

However, I had to stop feeling sorry for myself and concentrate on my assets. In fact, I am convinced that I am great catch - LOL !!! I know that I am not the most beautiful, the most fit, the most successful or have the greatest personality. But I do believe I have a lot of good qualities and a lot of love to give someone special.

Think about it. Men like women with confidence, women who are self-assured, women who BELIEVE in themselves. The comedian Monique ALWAYS has a man (good-looking men too).

So I ask:
Do you have a positive image of yourself?
Have you been unconsciously self-sabotaging your love life with negative thoughts of yourself?

Have you ever thought you couldn't get a date because of your weight, height, skin color or some other physical superficial trait?
Do you believe you haven't found love because of your education or your success?

Do you believe you're a great catch?
Have you ever let your insecurities get the best of you?
Do you believe you DESERVE good love?

Here's your assignment. Puff your chest up. Stand up tall. Hold your head up high. Now say with conviction: By golly, I am a damn good catch ! - LOL :)

And believe it !

3 comments:

TNDRHRT said...

The one thing about myself that I think keeps me from dating as much as others is my weight. The men I seem to find attractive don't like the big girls. Sigh.... However, I keep living my life despite my issue with this. I KNOW that THAT guy is going to come into my life and not care at all about my weight. And I'm going to like him, too. I say that because there are plenty of guys who like the plus size set, but the feelings arent mutual on my end. I gotta keep smiling and moving....he's coming my way!

SingLikeSassy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SingLikeSassy said...

I am the bomb dot com. LOL!

I'd say I am self-conscious about not being a size 4. But, aside from that, I know I am a catch. Nobody's perfect.