Sunday, September 11, 2011

So what gives

I met three guys this weekend.
Two of them asked for my number.
One of them called tonite.

Ironically, the one I was most attracted to didn't seem that interested in getting to know me.

I met him yesterday at the National Council of Negro Women Black Family Reunion celebration. I had decided to check out the festival before going to church.

I walked into the Health pavilion and saw a table for vision screening, another for body wraps. I stopped at the My Weight Doctor booth to get some info on weight loss.

As I walked out of the tent, a man walked out beside me.

"How you doing?" he asked. He was tall, dark with a shaved head. He had on a crisp white shirt. Neat, dark denim jeans. More than casual brown shoes. A gold ring on his pinky finger.

"I'm great. And you?" I asked.

"I'm doing pretty good."

He had a nice smile.

"It's such a nice day. But the ground is still wet from the rain earlier this week," I said.

"Yeah the ground is damp."

We kept walking and talking and walking and talking. He told me his name. I told him mine.

I learned that he was from Texas. He's lived in this area (Va.) for two years and works in Fort Belvoir. He likes it here. Lots of stuff to do he said.

I told him that the event used to be bigger - 2 days.

I saw him look over at one of the tents where a young dance company was performing. He seemed like he wanted to check them out.

"Well, I won't hold you up," I said. I held out my hand, "nice meeting you."

"It was good meeting you to Lottie."

"Alright, talk to you later," I said.

And that was it. I walked away.

He didn't ask for my number, my card or anything. At that point, the ball was in his court and I believe that if he was genuinely interested in me he would have asked how he could contact me, stay in touch.

But he didn't.

So, what gives?
Do you think he was married? I didn't see a ring (but that doesn't mean anything).
Do you think he has a girlfriend and was just being polite?
Why was he doing all that walking and talking?

Maybe he just wasn't into me after our conversation.

I don't know guys. What do you think?

Let me know your thoughts.

1 comment:

TNDRHRT said...

Bottom Line - He wasn't that interested for whatever reason.