Friday, September 9, 2011

A Weighty Issue

So, I'm up again at 4 a.m, flipping through tv channels. I land on Bridezillas. It's one of the "Where are They Now" episodes.

Anyway, I was appalled when I saw that one of these obnoxious bridezillas had weighed her bridesmaids on national tv and then got rid of the ones she thought were overweight.

What?!!

First of all, these were women SHE asked to be in her wedding. Didn't she know what size they were when she first asked them to be a bridesmaid? If she was so concerned about their weight, why ask them at all?

But that's not even the point.

These were supposedly her good friends who SHE wanted to be part of her special day. She's known these women for years. I'm sure she didn't care about their size when she needed to get out of a difficult situation or needed a shoulder to cry on during a personal tragedy.

So, why all of a sudden are these women not good enough? What does size have to do with friendship?

I was disgusted.

I think it's rude to ask someone to be in your wedding and then throw them out because they don't meet YOUR weight requirements - they're not the size YOU want them to be. It's hurtful and a disregard for others' feelings.

What do you think? Have you seen a situation like this?

Let me know your thoughts.

No comments: