Sunday, October 2, 2011

Manifesting Love (Part 2)

In my last blog, I wrote about a teleclass I listened to by relationship expert Matt Boggs and motivational speaker Lisa Nichols titled "The 3 Secrets to Manifesting Love."

I noted how we may be self-sabotaging ourselves with our own negative self images.

Tonite I want to talk about Boggs' second "secret" to manifesting love. Boggs calls it the Law of Polarity - basically that feminine energy attracts masculine energy.

"A man's sense of self-worth or manhood, is what he's contributing to you," said Boggs. "Your ability to receive from him ignites his masculine energy and your feminine energy."

Women should learn how to "joyfully receive" Boggs said.

hmmmm. Okay. I can do that. (lol)

Then Boggs said something that was quite interesting: "There is one thing that men want more than sex and that is to have their thoughts respected." Men "want respect," Boggs emphasized.

"When you don't allow a man to step up and lead, then you are communicating 'I don't trust you to provide for me and your ability to take care of me.'

Boggs continued: "A man will seek you out when he feels like a man in your presence."

hmmm.

I remember the time I went out to dinner with a guy. It was a popular restaurant and there was a wait. When the host asked for his last name to put us on the waiting list, he could barely open his mouth to tell the host his name. So I spoke up for him, for us - and spelled HIS name out for the host.

Geez. But I guess he didn't feel like a "man" in my presence. Now that I think about it, maybe my actions "disrespected" him.

Anyway, what do you think of what Boggs' said?

1 comment:

TNDRHRT said...

I thoroughly believe that. I used to think that I didn't need to play the 'damsel in distress' around guys. Now...yeah...I will yield to a guy to let him do his man stuff. I may already know how to do something, but I will ask a guy anyway because that makes him feel good and he can puff his chest out. ;)