Friday, January 13, 2012

Oral Transactions

After watching the latest episode of the Braxton "Family Values" last night, I felt compelled to write today. You know the show. It's on WE TV about singer Toni Braxton and her family.

I couldn't believe my ears when one of the sisters, Trina, sat at the dinner table with her mother and sisters talking about how she performed oral sex on a man, not her husband (yes she's married).

According to the show recap on Hello Beautiful, Trina exclaimed: "I sucked on a ****! I sure did, and I liked it, and I enjoyed it! Excuse me, Mommy, I’m sorry. But you know what? I tasted it, I sucked it, and I liked it."

WHAT !

Call me a prude, but I think it's a little disrespectful/distasteful to talk about giving a man a blow job (or slobbing knobs as Tamar likes to say) while in the company of your parents. I mean, I know they're all adult, all are married and all do grown woman stuff — but aren't there some things you just don't talk about around "mommy"?

I know they're all close to their mother and feel like they can talk to her about anything, but did she really need to know that you did that? For her part, Mama Braxton expressed her disapproval with Trina's outburst.

But is it worse than the sex tapes that have made celebrities out of other families? Let me know your thoughts.

In the meantime, check out the clip below as Trina talks to her sisters Towanda and Tamar about her oral transactions:

2 comments:

BPC said...

I am usually not easily disturbed, but I was a bit disturbed about they were speaking, especially in front of the mom. Couldn't understand why Trina would go off on such a rant 1) in front of her mother, and 2) it was nothing to be proud of since she is a married woman. I was very surprised by them. I think it is worse than the sex tape because you can say "oh well someone else leaked it" but those words came straight out of her own mouth.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! As I grew into adulthood, I became increasingly comfortable talking about sex with my mom. It wasn't often, but if the subject of oral sex came up I wouldn't be totally shy about tackling the subject. It wouldn't be like a conversation with my girlfriends, but it wouldn't be a no-no either. I didn't see the scene where Trina was talking about the incident with her mom, but I hope she didn't talk about it in the manner she did with her sisters. I find it less troubling that she talked about this with her mother and sisters than I do that she talked about this on national television. Some stuff just should not be shared with the world.