Friday, February 25, 2011

Remember the Time

On my way to work this morning I heard R&B singer D'Angelo's song, "Lady" from his 1995 album Brown Sugar.

Man, that song took me back to my days at Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. I had to smile. Those were some good times. I began to remember the folks I hung out with and how we created our own community in that predominately White college town. More than a decade later, I've reconnected with many of my Buckeye family via Facebook (gotta love Facebook).

Check out the video of "Lady" below:



Is there a song that takes you back to a special time in your life - maybe a summer romance? a vacation? a college anthem? a high school party song?

There is one song that they played so much in Ohio that when I hear it today, I immediately turn the station - LOL !

Let me know about a song that sticks out in your life's playlist.

1 comment:

SingLikeSassy said...

Girl, too many to name here. I've spent what feels like a lifetime with a musician and music is something we bonded over. I can remember us laying in the bed one night with the lights out playing iPods and telling each other stories about the songs we played. Some were stories about the songs themselves, like why Marvin Gaye wrote "Here, My Dear" and others were stories about the time when the song was playing and our moms did this or we were at the cookout with family or at the first school dance or whatever.

Just thinking about that night makes me smile. Thanks for this post.