Friday, February 11, 2011

Passport Pals



So, I'm listening to the KANE show right now on 99.5 and his question of the day is:
"If I guy invites you on a trip - say Italy, the Galapagos Islands, Brazil - and pays for everything, (you know airfare, hotel, food, entertainment, tourist activities, etc.) would you feel obligated to sleep with him?

A male listener phoned in and said, "Ladies, if you don't expect to put out, don't get on the plane." (lol)

I have a friend who was invited to the Bahamas with a guy who was extremely interested in her. He paid for everything. She says he was flirtatious but nothing happened because he understood that she was not ready for intimacy. (aaawwww) In fact, she told him that they could only be friends. She respected him because he didn't try to cross any boundaries and didn't make her feel bad about going on the trip.

This summer a guy invited me to go with him to his job conference. I think it was in LA. "Let me know so I can get our tickets," he said. I made up some excuse about having to work. I had only known him a little more than a month. Even though I could have visited friends, I wasn't ready to go on a trip with him.

I mean, would you even go on a trip with someone you weren't interested in? If a guy just wanted to hang out he would have invited one of his buddies or his sister.

What are your thoughts?

3 comments:

BPC said...

As a adult woman, I would NOT get on the plane. You MAY meet a man who doesn't want anything in return, but in MOST cases, he wants something and you have to be prepared to deal with that.

TNDRHRT said...

Ummm...no. I would not be going on a trip with a guy who I have no interest in. Disaster waiting to happen.

SingLikeSassy said...

would you feel obligated to sleep with him? <--I'm never obligated to do anything I don't want to do.

I might go on both trips you mentioned, but I would be clear about what the expectations were before I left, i.e., I'm taking a cool trip with a cool guy that I'm friendly with OR I'm taking a cool trip with a guy I'm trying to have a relationship with and so on -- I wouldn't just jump on the plane and hope for the best.

We all have mouths. Let's use them to talk to each other.