Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Perfect Partner

I thought this essay was going to give me the keys to finding the perfect partner. You know, a list of what I should do, where I should go, how I should look, what I should say, etc. Instead it gave me some revealing news about myself.

The author says in the first sentence: "You attract to you in a relationship who you are."
Me: Ouch !

Then he notes: "The partners you attract to you in the form of a man or woman are a physical manifestation of whom and where you are in your own consciousness at this moment in time."
Me: Okay.

He asks: "Look at whom you are attracting. What does this mirror to you about your own self?"
Me: Hmmmm

He writes: "The person you attract to you in an intimate relationship is no mistake. They are perfect for you right now. ...You attract to yourself a partner at the level of your self-acceptance."
Me: Sh$t !

The author closes by stating: "The perfect partner is whomever you are with in that moment. This is being reflected to you in those you attract, whether you like it or not."
Me: Damn! Damn! Damn!

So basically the type of man I am attracting is a reflection of where I am right now in my life and what I think about myself. This is not good news. In fact it's pretty scary. But it's also eye-opening.

You guys know what I want. I've written about it in this blog for the past four years. But for whatever reason I am not attracting that type of man. Instead I'm getting just the opposite. What does that say about me and how I feel about myself? Why aren't I attracting the GOOD guys?

wow.

Look at who you are attracting. What does that say about where you are in your life right now?


Holla at me...

4 comments:

SingLikeSassy said...

Well, I'm attracting nobody so what does that mean?

Unknown said...

Perfection is a lofty goal. A partner that accepts my idiocrasies and general plan on family, future, relationship, communication, etc is good enough. Maybe that is my "perfection"?

TNDRHRT said...

Makes perfect sense. Most of the men I've dated all look good on paper, but have emotional/character issues. I see that in myself. Therefore, I am/was attracting the male me.

kendra said...

hogwash!