Thursday, August 16, 2012

Back in the Game

After reading this love story on essence.com last week, I decided to try online dating again. The recently married couple met on BlackPeopleMeet. com. I had never tried this site before so I signed up. Who knows? Maybe I'll get similar results.

Well, so far I haven't met my soul mate. But that's okay. I know I have to walk through a lot of weeds to get to the quality flowers.

I must say, however, I forgot how entertaining online dating was. First of all, people need a class on the appropriate type of photo to submit to a dating website. I don't need to see 15 photos of your kids, five photos of your parents and only one photo of you. Secondly, there needs to be a limit on how many photos to submit. One dude uploaded more than 100 photos. Yep, you read that right - more than 100. Why do we need so many photos of you? Trust me, I get a sense of what you look like after the third or fourth picture.

Also, if I don't reply after your 15th message, I'm not interested. One guy who messaged me (age 55) said he was looking for someone family oriented and cited bible verses, specifically Proverbs 31:10-31. It starts off, "Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies." He highlighted verses 23 and 28, which say "Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land (23)"; and "Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her (28)."

So far the men who seem interested in me, meaning they have sent me a message or a flirt, vary in age — from 31 to 65. There's the guy who is divorced with six children. Then there's the one who's never been married but has four children. I'm also getting a lot of messages from guys over 50. It makes me wonder how I'm presenting myself. Do I look old? Maybe I just look like a "good virtuous woman" - LOL.

holla...


1 comment:

SingLikeSassy said...

One hundred photos is doing too much. LOL