Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cater To You

After I told one of my guy friends about my lack of a love life he decided he would school me a little, enlighten me.

You, he said, "aren't nurturing enough."

Huh? What do you mean? (What you talkin' bout Willis? - lol).

"You need to let a man know that you appreciate him," he said. "You need to make a man feel like you want him, like you need him. You need to make a man feel like a man."

geez...

Well, I personally feel like I do make men feel like I need them: I need them to change my lights because I can't reach them; I need them to change my smoke detector batteries because I can't reach them and I need them to rub my feet after a long run.

So what the hell are they complaining about ? (lol)

Ok. Just kidding. But the thing is I feel like I am a nurturing person, but I just haven't dated anyone long enough to show them that side of me. I mean I really haven't met anyone recently who deserves me to cater to them.

When I meet that special someone who is kind, caring and honest, I will reciprocate.

What do you think?
What do you think of what my friend said?
Do you think those of us who are single are single because we don't show our "nurturing" side early enough?

Let me know your thoughts.

2 comments:

SingLikeSassy said...

I feel like a couple of fellas have given you this advice and you always deflect it. You should stop and listen harder to what they are saying. You might think you are nurturing, however, if several people say that is not the case then you should reassess.

SLS's .00005 cents.

Anonymous said...

Funny you should mention this I had a guy recently talk to me about becoming exclusive with his girlfriend. He said what sealed the deal was how kind her spirit was and the little things she would do. When I asked what kind of things, he said he loves the way she takes his hand in hers and cradles it with her other hand on top of his. I thought to myself, "Get out of here!" All it takes is a simple show of affection to make someone think of you as a nurturer. I'm not generally a touchy, feely kind of person. But I thought what the heck I'd put it to the test on my next date with an old friend I hadn't seen in years. Several times during the date I took his hand in mine while he was driving, while we were sitting at dinner talking. Days later he commented that he had never seen that side of me before. That I seemed much more "nurturing." I thought "Wow!" I've always considered myself nurturing, but I agree with you, Lottie. That doesn't usually come out until I feel comfortable doing so.