Friday, October 1, 2010

Her Husband

My friend is the sweetest lady. We grew up together, but with our busy schedules, we aren't able to talk as much as we would like, however technology, of course, has made communication easier.

But...

I don't like her husband.

I think he's rude, arrogant, insensitive. I think he talks too much and says things before thinking without regard of the impact his words may have on someone. I also think he's a little bit sexist. I'm extremely uncomfortable around him. (He's always asking me why I can't keep a man, which hurts my feelings).

I don't like him I tell ya.

But...

He's not my husband and I don't have to.

My friend can love who she wants. They have a family, several beautiful children. So, I email her, communicate via Facebook and call her when I know he's not around. I've avoided visiting her and see her when I can, which can be years sometimes.

Have you ever been in this situation?
Has one of your close friends married someone who you don't get along with?
How do you deal with a situation like this?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have several friends with husbands that I dislike. I disliked them when they were dating and finally learned to stop commenting when they complained about these men. I try to have girls only events with these friends and it is so much nicer.