Monday, June 28, 2010

Chris Brown at BET Awards


Wow. So did you see Chris Brown at the 2010 BET Awards last night?
I didn't (because I don't have cable). But my sister called me during the show. "He's crying. He's crying," she said. I was like, "What?"

But as I drove to my bootcamp this morning all the talk on the radio was about Chris Brown's emotional tribute to Michael Jackson while performing the legend's song Man in the Mirror.

When I returned home, I turned on the television and all the morning shows — The Today Show, CBS's Early Morning Show and Good Morning America — did updates on Chris Brown. "Was his breakdown sincere?" they asked.

As you know, Brown has not been able to regain his footing since physically assaulting singer Rihanna last year. The New York Times noted that upon receiving a trophy for BET's Fandemonium Award, Brown said, "I let you all down once, but I won't do it again. I promise you."

But on ABC News' overnight show, an anchor questioned Brown's sincerity. He asked if Brown was, "trying to choreograph a career comeback." See the video HERE. A commenter on an MTV story wrote that he believed Brown's performance was a publicity stunt and more than 20% of those surveyed on the Los Angeles Times' blog said Brown was faking it.


What do you think? Do you think Brown's breakdown was sincere or do you believe he was trying to gain sympathy points? Do you believe he deserves another chance at an entertainment career? Why or Why not?

3 comments:

BPC said...

Even after the assault on Rhianna, which was BAD in all caps, I have had some real problems with Chris Brown. On a number of occasions he was really shown a very negative side of himself. There was the Twitter rant about Wal-Mart in which he totally lost it using curse words and all, then I believe there was an incident during a radio interview. He has just shown himself to be a spoiled immature brat on occasions in addition to the Rhinna incident. I honestly don't like him at all, but I don't wish him any ill will. Based on the past incidents, I question the sincerity of his breakdown, but if people believed it and want to start buying his music again, then good for him. I just won't be purchasing any of it.

kendra said...

we are waaaay too quick to forgive and forget in the black community. he physically assaulted a woman and received a slap on the hand. i don't care if he was sincere or not last night; it's too soon to be talking redemption and whatnot for this sorry excuse for a man.

TNDRHRT said...

I believe he was sincere with his emotions. I saw the performance and the first thing I thought was that he is really missing MJ. Never thought anything about his career.