Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Handle Me


In part 1 of a 2 day series on Essence.com, author Steven James Dixon writes about "The Top Things to Look for in a Man." You can read part one of his commentary here .

I was going along with Mr. Dixon until I got to his last tip:
Look for a man that knows how to handle a woman.

Mr. Dixon writes, "Look for a strong brother that can put you in your place."

Now, I understand most women don't want someone they can just walk all over. They want someone with a spine, a backbone; someone who can stand up for himself and his woman.

But do you want someone who can, "put you in your place?"

First, what does this mean? Second, what do you think about this?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I read it that sentence on the Essence website, based on the sentence before it, I think he was just saying find a man who won't argue everytime you want to argue and will demand respect from a woman, and vice versa. I don't think he meant "handle" a woman per se. No, I wouldn't want someone to "handle" me.

Anonymous said...

i think he just used the wrong terminology. the first sentence or two in this section explained what he was trying to say better.