Thursday, December 29, 2011

Good Riddance

Trash bin
So yesterday was Good Riddance Day in New York's Times Square — a time for folks to say goodbye to some of their worst memories of 2011.

According to an article in the New York Daily News, more than 250 people lined up in front of two truck-sized paper shredders to symbolically get rid of their most painful memories of the year. People brought bills, pink slips, credit cards, parking tickets and breakup notes.

One lady who found out her husband of 18 years was cheating shredded his driver's license. A mother of five whose husband and brother were sent to the Middle East this year, shredded their deployment papers. A middle-aged writer said he wanted to forget about his "unaccepting family."

I had a great year professionally, but I would love to put the last dude I dealt with through the shredder! (LOL !)

Is there anything you want to say Good Riddance to? What's your worst memory of 2011? What event - or person - would you put in the shredder?

Holla at me !

1 comment:

kendra said...

i'd like to say good riddance to the fact that my employer hasn't paid me in 6 months (and counting...), but still expects me to work.