Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Proposal


Last night on the VH1 reality show, Love and Hip Hop, Jim Jones' longtime love Chrissy proposed to the New York rapper. Chrissy had confided in her friend, singer Olivia that she and Jim had been together six years and she was ready for marriage and children.

As Chrissy picked out Jim's ring, she asked the jeweler about her decision: Do you think I'm a nut job for doing this?

"Sometimes we need a little push," the jeweler reasoned. "If we don't get a push, we can't get it done."

But Chrissy was still a little hesitant: He hasn't asked you, she told herself, maybe cause he's not ready.

Nevertheless, she cleaned out her "cookie jar" of savings and bought Jim's ring (and even looked at one for herself) saying defiantly, "He's worth it."

So in front of his family and friends, she did the damn thing:
"It's taken me a long time to figure out exactly what I wanted to do with my life. I want to spend it with you," Chrissy said through tears as she presented Jim with a ring. "Will you Marry me?"

Check out Chrissy's proposal below:


I love Chrissy's spirit. She's sassy. She's tough. And she goes for what she wants.
But I don't know if I would propose to a guy.

So a few questions:
1) What about you? Would you propose to a guy?

2) What if he was a GREAT catch and you didn't want to lose him?

3) What if you had been dating a long time (more than 5 years) and really wanted to get married? Would you take the initiative and give him that "little push"?

4) Just because a guy hasn't proposed, does it mean he doesn't want to marry you?

Let me know your thoughts.

3 comments:

SingLikeSassy said...

1. Hell no

2. Still no

3. No. I wouldn't have been dating him for years and years though if I knew I wanted marriage and babies.

4. No, it doesn't. However, if the conversation of marriage and intentions has NEVER come up seems like a red flag to me.

BPC said...

First, I'm glad she got some sense and changed out of that awful outfit!!! Answers: 1) No, I wouldn't propose 2) Not even if he is a great catch 3) If we have been dating for years, then he knows I want to get married -- no pushes necessary. If he doesn't want to, then he just doesn't. No one wants to have to "push" someone to marry them 4) If a guy doesn't propose, it could mean he just doesn't want to commit. It doesn't necessarily have to be personal to you in particular.

I really wouldn't have done that at all. Her friends should have told her.

Brenda said...

I was all set to propose - moonlight, beach, Jamaica. He beat me to it. When you're both ready, does it matter who proposes?