Friday, April 15, 2011

Love Story

I knew a man had to be involved.

I mean, when a woman decides to just up and leave - selling everything she owns including the clothes off her back - well, it must be love.

Or so she thinks.

Anyway, I attended a going away party last night for a friend who is moving to Ghana. She lost her job with the federal government in January, went to Ghana for a much-needed vacation and met a man.

Ahh, yes.

If there's one thing that can turn our lives around and upside down, it's a man- "a FINE man," she told me. (lol)

Well, after three months of what must have been a whirlwind romance, she's ditching D.C. and heading to Africa. She plans to live with her new love temporarily until she gets her business set up and moves into her own place.

I stared at her long and hard last night. She beamed as she greeted each guest and danced until nearly everyone had left. She looked so HAPPY- absolutely radiant! And why shouldn't she? She's living the life she wants - my kinda hero.

I know this sounds like some kind of Terry McMillan novel or even one of those tearjerker love stories. But I Love the fact that she's writing her own story.

I wish her well. I wish her luck. I wish her LOVE.


Tell me: Would you move across the world to be with a man you had only known for three months?

What are your thoughts?

1 comment:

SingLikeSassy said...

I think I could and would if I had my own money. We only get one life.