Monday, March 8, 2010

Your Man and The Strip Club


So I get a call this weekend from a friend who's upset because her man is taking his brother to a strip club to celebrate the youngster's 21st birthday. Now, she's been dating this guy for about three months and told me she really likes him.

Oh, it's just entertainment, I assured her. Male bonding. But why a strip club, she asked. What's the point? She wanted to know why he had to go pay to see women take off their clothes and do tricks on poles. (I pray homeboy didn't get a lap dance.) Anyway, she thought it was a waste of money.

What do you think of men and strip clubs? Do you mind if YOUR man went to a strip club? Does it matter how often he goes? For example, what if he only goes every once in a while for a birthday party or bachelor party? What if he went once a month for a guys' night out? What if he went every week - by himself?

Would you go to a strip club with your man? Why or why not? What if he didn't want you to go with him? Would you be upset? suspicious? frustrated? annoyed? Would you feel insecure? Then again, are you secure enough with your own body to give him a private striptease?

Does it matter how long you've been with this person? My friend has only been dating this guy for three months. I mean they may not even be together by the end of the summer, who knows. But what if you were in a long-term relationship? What if you were engaged? What if it was your husband?

Some men get addicted to strip clubs. Some men fall in love with the strippers. Look at NeNe from the Real Housewives of Atlanta. She met her husband Greg during her days performing as a stripper in one of Atlanta's most exclusive Gentlemen's Clubs, a strip club. He was one of her regular customers.

Wait a minute. On second thought, maybe my friend does need to go get her man (lol).

So tell me: What are your thoughts on Your Man and the Strip Club?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a big difference between my man goes to the strip club and he picked me up at the strip club. What was NeNe thinking?

But if he wants to go with the fellas once a month? No problem. And no, I don't want — or need to — go with him. If my trust level is that low, where I feel like I need to go to the club with him, we've got bigger problems than him going to a strip club.

SingLikeSassy said...

It doesn't bother me that much, to be honest. I guess I don't get why people get worked up about this. I was curious about what happens there and had Mr. SLS take me to a club once. No need to go back but after I was there believe me, there is nothing to fear. Trust, those women don't want your man they want his money. *Most* men aint in there spending up a lot of loot and a once in a while visit does not make an addict.

From Mr. SLS: It's just one trip with his younger brother. However, if it becomes a repeated pattern maybe you should open up a discussion about that. And given that you've only been together for three months, I can understand your concern, but appreciate that he was honest about it cause he could have said he was taking his brother to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse instead of Baby Ruth's Pole Party.

TNDRHRT said...

Naw, I don't want my man in a strip club. I can do the stripping for him AT HOME.