Saturday, January 30, 2010

Dude, Are You Serious?


So, one of my Match.com guys told me that it was difficult to find a Single Black Woman over the age of 35 with no kids or at least no kids under the age of 18. He said he wanted someone attractive, witty, spiritual; someone who knows about politics, business, pop culture and is health conscious.

Is he living under a rock?

Did he see the DATELINE special or has he read the numerous articles, including this one from MSNBC, that have come out in the past year talking about the thousands of beautiful, college-educated professional Black women who can't find suitable mates?

I told him that the majority of my friends do not have children. MOST have never been married and all are attractive, well-rounded individuals who are funny, spiritual and health conscious (though I have to admit that I have a weakness for sweets).

I can't believe he can't find anyone with those qualities when all I have to do is walk out my front door.

What do you think?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

excuses, excuses.

SingLikeSassy said...

Hmph. Brothers scrape the bottom of the barrel then talk about how there are no good women out there to date. Cause like you, none of my friends have children and no husband. All of them are successful, smart, attractive etc.

We all need to step back and assess what we REALLY want and if what we're doing is going to help us find/meet that person. I think he needs to be honest with himself and admit that what he really wants is a hawt club hopper chick and acknowledge that many of the hawt club hopper chicks come with baggage.

jallen said...

where's he looking?????

Anonymous said...

He is not telling you what he really wants. Men who didn't fall in line and marry in 20s and early 30s are looking for a particular woman. It may be a woman that has all those basic qualities and will sweat them. Or someone with those basic qualities and a decent check, home and car. Dig deeper. He is just giving you the basic response. He wants more.