Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Online Dating

There's a song called, "Love Don't Cost a Thing."
Obviously it was written before the internet age.

Online dating is expensive !
Why didn't anyone warn me?
Yall know I'm cheap.

I don't know about this. I'm having second thoughts.
I just may have to try to get out the house more. You know,
go to more social events and meet people.

But maybe I should look at subscribing to online dating sites as an investment in my future. (wonder if I could get a tax write-off if I consider this "Research" for my job)

6 comments:

TNDRHRT said...

That's one of the reasons why I don't want to sign up again. I don't want to pay the money for the monthly subscriptions. However, Plenty of Fish is a free dating site. I've realized that when the sites are free or nominal in price, the quality of the pickings are slim to none.

Anonymous said...

Welllll... it IS very expensive. BUT if you meet a good guy, what are the chances you'll regret the expense? Just playing Devil's advocate... and because I spent over $200 on Chemistry.com in the process of meeting my current -- and really, really great -- beau.

--treen

Anonymous said...

hmph! for every happy ending i know re: online dating (a very good friend from college just celebrated her 6th wedding anniversary with her match.com guy), i know of 10 horror stories. including folks stalked and killed by these people. or deceived (thinking it's a man when it's a woman).

jallen said...

two comments -- about deception, you know how to do research (and gut instinct) the same stuff you rely on offline. it's like when you travel -- don't do nothing you wouldn't do at home. same rules apply online.

Anonymous said...

It is expensive. I'm with Eharmony now and it hasn't been all that great. I probably won't renew my membership and will just try to get out more.

Anonymous said...

Spend the money. Cheaper than going to a bar.