Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Awww, DELICIOUS !

The April issue of O, The Oprah Magazine, is dedicated to all things DELICIOUS. The theme is, "Make Your Life More Delicious."

Oprah's team was asked: What's your definition of "delicious"? Most mentioned food (homemade buttermilk biscuits, pan-fried pizza, chocolate fondue, a dirty vodka martini), some mentioned people (Ryan Gosling), some brought up pets (baby pandas, a walk at the beach with my dog) and others mentioned hobbies (connecting with a baseball, watching old movies).

Then there were those that pulled at my heart strings like:
"The sound of my son giggling."
"Hugs from my boys when I get home from work."
"Watching the sunset with my Mommom"
"Anything my mom cooks when I'm at home."
"Watching someone I love open a present."

Here are some things I think are DELICIOUS:
1) Spending time with my family (playing with my twin nephews and giving my niece big kisses on her cheeks)

2) A FREE party with good food, cool people and a great DJ for lots of DANCING !

3) A foot rub by someone special

4) A day at the spa with an exfoliating facial and aromatherapy massage

5) Achieving a long-term goal

6) Beautiful days (sunny, 75,80-degree weather) and warm nights

7) A good brunch with a veggie omelet, tasty pancakes and unlimited belinis, Thanksgiving dinner and Dessert ! (especially the mixed berry cobbler from Wegman’s – now that’s the devil)

8) Being in love, holding hands

9) A great jazzercise class with energetic, enthusiastic students

10) Witnessing my mentee graduate from college


So, I ask: What's your definition of delicious? What are some things you think are delicious?

Let me know.

No comments: