Friday, December 11, 2009

Hell Hath No Fury



A couple of days ago, a friend sent me an article by Newsweek reporter Allison Samuels. The piece, on Newsweek's website, is titled, "Hell Hath No Fury Like a Swedish Ex-Model: Elin Nordegren Woods and the myth of the angry black woman."

It's a good article. Samuels basically notes that women, no matter what race, creed, color, religion, ethnicity, etc., will become angry when they are betrayed by a loved one. It's not, in my words, a Black thing.

But one line in the piece really stood out to me. Samuels writes:
"…the golfer reportedly told a friend shortly after the incident that his wife had gone "ghetto" on him."

WHAT ?

What does that mean? Can somebody please tell me what that means ?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know what his ass was saying. anything to deny he's black. it's why i've never been able to stand his cablinasian ass.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with anonymous #1. We know exactly what he's saying, he's referring to how he perceives black woman act. I honestly do not like him, and never really have. I was surprised by the turn of events, but I could not care less about what happens to him.

Anonymous said...

Obviously, el Tigre doesn't really know what "gone ghetto" means!

Anonymous said...

I think it means she kicked his butt. And I think it means he really didn't know Elin all that well. He's lucky she didn't kill him.